Friday, January 15, 2010

One Step Closer!

Hi Everyone!

Just got home from round two of the event, and I can happily report that the score was much better today. I finished with an even-par 72 on a tough day at Bentwater, which I was pleased with. I putted the ball beautifully, and the work that I did with Cory over the holidays really started to show.

I spent about an hour working on my speed after the round yesterday, and that made all the difference today. The putts that I was leaving short yesterday were finding their way to the bottom of the hole today. I did not strike the ball as solidly as yesterday, and it was quite windy out there. This meant that the putter needed to be working, and I had seven less putts than yesterday, which was great. I am very excited to continue to work on my game, and to keep working towards my goals.

This week's event is only a two-day event, so that means that there is no cut. The Tour also announced a new method of determining the cut line. The change to the rule now means that only the top thirty percent of the field makes the cut. In the past, no matter the field size, the top fifteen players made the cut, and if the top thirty percent was more than fifteen, the cut was increased. The fields have been small this year, so that means that if I want to get paid, I am going to have to keep playing good rounds! This Tour has been a wonderful experience for me so far, and I am looking forward to the upcoming events. There are five more events on the schedule, and I am looking at playing three to four more.

Thanks for reading everyone, hit it straight!
Stew

No comments:

Post a Comment